Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
Information and guidance on future options and career pathways forms part of the curriculum and provision for all students at John Cabot Academy. We offer our students ‘one to one’ Careers’ guidance interviews with a specialist, impartial, qualified advisor.
We believe that the range of opportunities to learn more about potential careers paths is one of our strongest features at John Cabot Academy and is an area of real growth at present. We recognise that good quality CEIAG enables our students to make the right learning and career options so that they can succeed in life after school.
This enables students to:
- Identify their strengths and skills
- Raise their aspirations
- Become effective career planners and managers of their own progression through learning and work.
- Develop their employability skills
- Know what options are available to them after Year 11, 12 and 13.
Please contact Steve Church ([email protected]) if you would like any further information or an appointment.
We are strongly committed to offering our students an ever-evolving careers provision. We encourage regular input from local and national employers, for the purposes of inspiring students to believe in themselves, to support students to achieve outstanding results, and to advise students on how to become successful members of the local, national and international community.
If you would like to be involved in our careers provision at John Cabot Academy please contact Alexandra Williams, our career and Aspirations Coordinator using [email protected]
We have numerous “ready to run” ways in which you can be involved including, but not limited to the following opportunities:
- Guest speaker Assemblies (whole school or target audience)
- Involvement with our Summer Careers Fair
- Participation in our termly Careers Weeks
- Careers and Employability lessons
- “Pop up shops” (informal lunchtime information and advice stands)
- Staff Professional Development
- Offering Work Experience placements
For more information and advice on careers at John Cabot Academy please see the Onedrive Careers folder for teachers
Careers Platforms and useful information
FAQ on apprenticehips
A guide to apprenticeships
Subject apprenticeship guide
How to support young people to explore P16 options
What is LMI
Careerometer is a useful tool which enables you to compare working hours and average wages of job roles in the UK that you’re interested in pursuing.